Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Knocked Down

Who came up with the term "knocked up?"  I'm guessing it was a man. A man who had never been pregnant. Cuz if you asked me how I'm feeling right now it would be more like KnockedDaFuqDOWN. Three times over. By a giant wrecking ball.

This has been my state of being for the past three weeks. I just hit the 9 week mark and these feelings of crappiness seem to have no end in sight. Don't get me wrong. I am extremely happy and feel so very fortunate to be going through this experience. Blood work results pointing towards a healthy start to this pregnancy was such a relief. Getting the results of that first ultrasound telling me that I was exactly 7 weeks, 3 days with a positive heartbeat was like the best effing news I had ever received in my entire life!  

Despite these moments of joy, I just don't feel like myself recently.  I'm tired all the time, have little motivation to go to the gym, and I.hate.food.  Who am I?!!  Ugh.  It's really frustrating because I truly want to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy.  I keep reminding myself how lucky I am.  But when you're feeling like a sick slug for three weeks straight, it's really hard.  I just want to feel well again.

I figured I'd start taking weekly pictures.  There's no bump yet, but my body has definitely been going through some changes.  I've gained a couple pounds in the past 2 months.  I do feel softer around the edges and bloated.  When we broke the news to my mom, she said that she knew something was up because when I was sitting down at the dinner table, I had rolls.  Thanks, Mom, for calling out my fatness.  My pre-preggo pants still fit, but they are tighter.  One thing that I'm actually okay with are the bigger boobs (woop woop!)  I have a couple of new bras that I bought a year ago.  Then I leaned out a bit shortly after buying them, and the boobage shrank in the process.  :(  Now I can finally wear those bras again!










Symptoms: Super tired.  Moody.  Nauseous at times.  No appetite.
Foods that I used to love, but can't stand anymore: Coffee.  Chocolate.  Brussel Sprouts.
Cravings: Nothing.  More sleep?
Thankful for: My husband.  He is my angel.  I don't know how he has put up with me and my moodiness/crappiness, but he is handling it so well.  I am so, so thankful to have him by my side right now.
Also, Crossfit.  I mentioned that I have little motivation to go to the gym.  But I know that it is good for me and the baby to continue exercising.  All I have to do is show up and the coach takes care of the rest.  I have scaled down my intensity by a lot, and am taking plenty of breaks during the workouts.  If it weren't for my gym I probably would have gained a shit ton more of weight and my energy would be much less than it already is.
Current weight: 114 lbs

No comments: