How did these past weeks fly by so quickly? For the first time in my pregnancy, it feels like time is moving along at a decent pace. Finally, finally I don't feel sick all the time. I still relish my sleep and nap times, but I don't walk around feeling like a zombie all day every day. Food? Eating and enjoying it has improved. There is still some room for improvement, but my appetite is verrry sloowwwwllly creeping back. I'm guessing that this better overall state-of-being has contributed to making time seem like it's going by at a quicker pace. And to that I say hooray to happier pregnancy days! Not to say that I don't still have those bad, yucky ones. But those instances have decreased dramatically. I'm hoping that it will only get better from here.
A highlight from week 13: we got to see our baby again. It was the most amazing thing ever! The baby has grown so much since week 10. It was super active, waving its arms and legs, jumping around like a little bean. The ultrasound tech performed the Nuchal Translucency screening and took some quick measurements. Those, along with a blood test came back normal, thankfully. It won't be another month or so until we get to see or hear our baby again, but I'm still riding off that high from week 13.
I missed pictures for weeks 13 and 14, but there wasn't much besides something that seemed like major bloat. After week 14 that bloat finally looked like *maybe* a wannabe baby bump. I'm still wearing my pre-pregnancy work wardrobe, but need to use a hairband to keep pant buttons secure. Tops are limited to my flowey, loose options. People haven't noticed yet. Or if they do, they probably just think I've put on a few pounds. Which, surprisingly, I haven't. I'm still hovering between 113 to 114 on the scale, which isn't too different from my weight for the past several weeks. According to the books, I should start gaining about a pound a week fairly soon. My hope is that my appetite will continue to improve so that I can start putting on that healthy baby weight. Bring on the bump!
Symptoms: Headaches. At around week 14 I started getting headachey almost every day, especially after a long day of work. Where did that come from? I hardly ever had headaches before. It's nothing I can't handle, but it's a bit annoying. And it doesn't do well for my general mood.
Foods I can't stand: Food aversions are starting to disappear! I had a latte, enjoyed some chocolate chip cookies, and ate a bite of sweet potato all within the past three weeks. All of these would have certainly made me gag weeks ago. I don't necessarily crave these things, but it's nice to know I can handle them.
Cravings: Really loving my smoothies right now. There's a juicery a few blocks away that I find myself frequenting more and more.
Other?: Nap times are still a must. My lunch hour is now officially nap hour, and it really makes a difference in how I feel for the rest of the day.
Thankful for: a tiny baby bump!
Current weight: 114.0

No comments:
Post a Comment