Sunday, March 30, 2014

22

Hey!  Here we are at 22 weeks celebrating it in Singapore!  Pre-baby, husband and I agreed that our next adventure would take us to Southeast Asia. We didn't have plans to go for several more months, though. Well, baby decided to make an appearance and so we made the decision to move up this trip and plan it before baby was born. 

Planning it at this stage of my pregnancy turned out to work perfectly. I'm still very mobile, have energy, and feel great in general. I've noticed that I need to take it a lot more easier, though. Maybe it's the humidity and 80+ degrees F weather in Singapore, but my feet were killing me after day 1 of exploring the city!  This has never happened to me before. I usually love exploring a new city by foot. So I've taken day 1 as a reminder that I need to slow down, get lots of rest, and stay hydrated! 
22 weeks at the Singapore Botanical Gardens

Clearly, this child is growing fast. The most exciting development as of the past 2 weeks is movement. What used to feel like tiny gas bubbles has turned into a full-out ninja session inside of my belly. It's the single most coolest feeling ever.  My favorite thing to do as of late is play Poke the Baby. I'll give it a little poke to make it move around. It is awesome to feel it respond. Even more exciting is that husband is starting to be able to feel our baby's kicks if it's positioned correctly.  It is truly a beautiful thing. 

No comments: