We are at 11 weeks today, and what an exciting week it has been! Last Wednesday I had my 10 week check-up with my doctor, which included an ultrasound to make sure that the baby is developing as expected. That's right, it was the first time that I got to see my baby! When I had my very first ultrasound, my doctor's office sent me to an outside imaging center because the office didn't have any available appointments for another couple of weeks. Imagine my disappointment when the imaging center didn't let me see the screen or give me any results on the spot! The results had to be sent to my doctor so that she could interpret them and report to me. Luckily, I received a call early the next morning indicating that the results were fine and that my baby had a heartbeat. Still, I was very eager to see it for myself. I needed EVIDENCE, dammit! And I got that on Wednesday.
Baby, you are beautiful. There are no words for how overwhelmed with happiness I was to see an actual baby on that screen. A tiny one, with head, facial features, two arms, two legs, kicking and waving up a storm. I was beaming with pride at how developed it was, at how far it's come with me already, and how it doesn't look like he/she will be giving up any time soon! All this sickness I've been dealing with for the past several weeks? Totally worth it.
Seeing my little one was certainly the highlight of my pregnancy so far. Now, on to the photos.
Symptoms: Nothing new here. Same as last time.
Foods I can't stand: Still got no love for coffee and brussel sprouts. Not really feeling chocolate either, BUT, I actually ate a small piece this week and did not gag. It was not particularly enjoyable, but I wanted to test myself to see what happens. Was able to eat chocolate like a champ.
Cravings: Zero. I do get hungry, though. I mean, I have to eat eventually even if it means forcing myself. I am really enjoying smoothies and oatmeal, though. I ate oatmeal with fresh strawberries all week for breakfast and it was my happiest meal of the day.
Other symptoms?: Indigestion (heartburn) is a bitch. Can't really eat a heavy meal without feeling like I'm about to belch it out. So, been trying to eat a small meal every 2-4 hours or so. It doesn't always work.
Thankful for: MY BABY! OMG, you're there. You're alive! Best.feeling.in.the.world. I am so very thankful for you.
Current weight: 113.5 lbs. Same as last week. Still no real weight gain in the past four weeks or so.
On another note, I turned 30 years old this week! This, obviously, paled in comparison to the other exciting things that happened last week. But my birthday was fun. The husband took me out for a nice pizza dinner. I felt sick when we first got to the restaurant, which worried me a bit. But once the pizza was in front of me I devoured a good three slices! Also had a salsa dancing night at El Floridita in Hollywood with a bunch of friends. Live band, and cuban food (plantains!). Was really good times!

No comments:
Post a Comment