For most of the wedding planning process, Mr. Tortolito and I have been referring to ourselves as a team. We have been planning this thing essentially on our own. We brainstorm together, make all decisions, create budgets, research vendors, he fixes my mistakes, and we tackle the simple formalities of a wedding as a unit. We have accomplished a lot together and it's been pretty enjoyable for us! I think the tough part is going to be actually implementing all of our ideas and bringing our vision to life. We're really the only ones in "the know" right now, but the day will come where we will have to hand it all off to somebody and trust that our wedding day turns out just like we've been planning. Enter the "+1" in our team...
We have been contemplating the possibility of having a coordinator for a while now. The difficult part, of course, was committing to an additional cost. What it really boiled down to, though, was that we needed somebody to help make the day run smoothly. A lot of it has to do with the logistics: our mass begins at 2:30pm and our rental time for our venue begins at 2pm. That means that Mr. Tortolito and I will not be stepping foot in our venue until our cocktail hour/reception begins (around 5:30pm). We won't be able to help with the set up AT ALL. We can't even count on any family members or friends to help set up since they will be watching us get married! I'd much rather have them enjoy the day anyway, instead of worrying them with any responsibilities. Luckily, our awesome caterer will be helping out a ton with setting up our rentals. Still, we need somebody to handle all of the details that we just physically can't do ourselves: deliver our talavera centerpieces, arrange escort cards, make sure all of our vendors arrive on time and know where to be, get all our bar beverages and alcohol to the bar, set up cocktail hour decorations, handle any unexpected emergencies and be regulatin' for the entirety of the party. Basically, we need the peace of mind that our day will be executed as planned.
I happened upon a post a while back on the Weddingbee classifieds for a wedding coordinator who was new to the business and was offering her services at a real deal. Yesterday, Mr. Tortolito and I finally met with her and sealed the deal (a very, extremely, inconceivably generous deal that has restored my faith in the wedding industry, at that!). We only spent one hour with her and I am already amazed and completely stoked. I really felt like we gained a team member with her. A team member who understands our vision, is capable of executing it, friendly, professional, organized, and just an overall cool person! It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders knowing that she will be handling all of our little details that we have been putting so much effort on and being our "go-to" person for us and our wedding party. I know already that this is probably the best investment we will make for our wedding day. And that feels goooood.
What are your thoughts on wedding coordinators and trusting them to handle your big day? Did/are you having one? Was it worth it?
No comments:
Post a Comment