Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hello, I Love You

I'm a girly-girl in many senses of the word. I love me some hot stilettos, makeup, fashion, fruity bath products... know what I mean ladies? One of my daily "girl" rituals is visiting the Gilt Groupe website for my dose of fashion and beauty eye candy. They've got some super deals on everything from designer gowns to hair products. For the most part, I browse and gawk at their sale items thinking that 70% off that $2,500 Oscar de la Renta dress is such a steal but still something that I would never buy. Sometimes, just sometimes, I'll get lucky and come across an item that I really need and can actually afford. In this case, it was an accessory that I had been on the lookout for.

Say hello to Flor*:


{Source}

I happened across her while browsing through a sale for Santi handbags (I've never heard of them either). She caught my attention and I threw her in my shopping cart immediately. Those Gilt Groupe items gets snatched up like crazy, so I allowed myself the 5-minute hold time to reason over why I needed to purchase her.

-Do I need a purse for the wedding?:
How can I make it through the day without one? I need somewhere to stash my chapstick.


-Does it match your dress?:
Not only will it look lovely with my dress, it matches our color scheme.


-Will you use it again?:
I promise!


This was enough to convince myself. She was mines!

...and I love her.

::excited face::

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets this giddy when she adds a new accessory to her collection of girly/wedding items...

*why yes, I really did just name my purse. Flor = flower.

1 comment:

Fostatic said...

oh man that purse is AMAZING!!! I am not liking that gilt groupeeee though...it scares me... jaja