With a title like this, I would normally start talking about the beautiful Jordan shoes or the sweet mid-top Nike dunks based on Hieneken's designs, but as used in its alternate context, I'm posting just to share what's on my mind... just because. But, before I continue, I would like to start off by thanking Ms. Tortolita for sharing her thoughts about how awesome it is to live with a boy (see one of her previous posts). Ha, so I sprinkle when I drizzle and leave the seat up to avoid such heresy. So, my bad for not putting the seat back down, but Ms. Tortolita... you have your things too... let the drama begin...
Haha, just kidding... I will not retaliate against my little lady, but she does have her peculiarities... for example, her long hair spreads around the loft like a mad disease... it covers our floors and plugs our sinks/tubs. Yucko! Ha, our bathroom is full of different "products" for every single part of your body. "The face needs to be exfoliated with the peach stuff, your feet with the peppermint one, and your hair with one of 10 products there." My soap smells like fresh cucumber and my lotion like vanilla. I smell like a Jamba Juice smoothie. Ha!
Anyways, today we sat down and created a list of things we would like to place in our registry. I'm not saying this wedding stuff is totally aimed for the bride to be, but I am. Umm.... out of the 30 items we wrote down, I think I knew what a blender, toaster, and coffee maker were. Can someone enlighten me as to what a sifter is and how it tastes? Or a roller pin? I have a feeling that's a hair product like everything else in our bathroom...and a hair dryer? I thought registry benefited the couple. I have a crew cut... Ms. Tortolita! A crew cut. No fair! Plus all this kitchen stuff so so specific... "omg, we're gonna need a pizza roller thingy to roll the dough for our pizza. And a roller to cut slices." Really? We've made pizza once in the past 8 months. "And china-ware!" Oh you mean the set of dishes all of our moms put in a cupboard to never be used... EVER! The one that is meant for very special occasions, but when the special occasion comes through the dishes are kept away since they are too nice to scratch. Ay ay ay... since we are using Macy's... would it be ok to put in a pack of 2 undies for me.... I think my boxers are a bit old... or a hot dress shirt? You know, for the iron and ironing board that made it to the registry list? I know this registry stuff is meant to benefit the couple who is starting their new life together, but it would be nice to know what these things we need are. Oh yea, and no george foreman grille? Ummm, how do we forget to include products from a former heavyweight champion of the world, but remember to include a former detainee's endorsed kitchenware... name rhymes with "Martha Stewart."
Haha, it is very fun to note how both our individual lives are changing to accommodate each other in our own lives. It's exciting to think differently about many things to hopefully agree down the line. To accept "that's how he/she is" type things and love it. On that note, Ms. Tortolita, I love sweeping up your long hairs when we clean and I am certain that you will look beautiful with that rolling pin decorating your long beautiful hair. Just add one of these: YOM!
UPDATE: A rolling pin is that rod used to flatten pizzas and used by others to pock ppl over the head.
No comments:
Post a Comment