Friday, June 26, 2009

Adding Some Hot Hot Flavor to the Party

A lot of couples have their wedding "splurge." Be it photography, the dreamy designer dress, an ultimate honeymoon, or some mayjah bling bling, there's always that little sumthin' sumthin' something that puts the icing on the proverbial wedding cake.

Every time we visit our wedding budget spreadsheet, there's a vendor charge in one of the excel cells that can be clearly identified as our splurge. I take full blame for it because, wells, it was something really important to me dammit. They were the first vendor that we booked months and months ago because I was scared that if we waited much longer they would not be available for our wedding date. Mr. Tortolito, being the awesome man that he is, agreed with my plan (go team!) and we proceeded to commit to the vendor that will be adding some flavor and latin love to our reception.

The Susie Hansen Latin Band:


Can I tell you how excited I am to dance with Mr. Tortolito at our wedding? Anybody who knows me knows that I am all over the dance floor all day, every day. Our wedding will be no exception! I know our guests will be all over it too! I'm looking forward for our salsa band to really get the party started and keep it going. Mr. Tortolito and I even began taking salsa class together to get our technique down and become more comfortable partner dancing. I gotta give mad props to my man, though, for being such a great sport and a bomb dancer!

Although this is our splurge, I know that it will be totally worth it. I'm looking forward to the energy and nonstop dance party that the band will no doubt provide for our reception.

Did you have a splurge? What was it?

1 comment:

♥ Elena said...

Our splurge went to the photographer. My fiance is not much of a dancer but we did find a common ground with the mariachi that will be playing for a couple of hours.