Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Inspire Me

For the first several months of our wedding planning, I started collecting images of items or ideas that I would like to emulate for our wedding, or at least give me an idea of how I envision the big day. I had heard of this so-called "Inspiration Board" and thought it would be fun to have one of my own. So, I sat down with my computer, opened the Adobe Photoshop, and started creating a collage of wedding-inspiring images.

The end result?

(Photo sources: here, here, here, here, and here)

In my mind, I envision our wedding as a vibrant day full of festive colors, flowers, energy, authentic cuisine, a hint of candlelit romance, and nonstop mariachi music! Mr. Tortolito and I are big on injecting as much of our culture and tradition into this day as it would make it a true reflection of us and our families. I want the day to be fun, ju kno? I want it to be puro pari! I think this collage kinda starts to get that point across...a little bit. (Well, except maybe for the Catholic church picture that I threw in there to represent our Catholic ceremony).

So what's the real purpose behind an Inspiration Board? Beats me. But it was fun to make. And it has lots of pretty pictures. Or maybe if I had a wedding planner, I could hand this off to them and demand that they "throw me this party!" But alas, these Tortolitos are acting as our own wedding-planning extraordinaires. I must admit that these pictures have helped me to form a stronger image of what I'd like to see or incorporate on our wedding day. In fact, I started to find some of the inspiration board items while out randomly shopping. More on that in the future...

Do you find inspiration boards helpful? Do they serve any other purposes besides a daily dose of eye candy?

No comments: