The restaurant hosts cooking demonstrations every few months. We went to one a while ago, but I forgot my camera! I made sure to bring it this time around.
The cooking demo is a chance for the chef to showcase the restaurant's seasonal recipes. While it's not a cooking class, the chef does a great job of making the demo interactive and sharing his cooking tips. Their seasonal special is Mexican chocolate, so he taught us how to make chocolate tamales with picadillo, a chocolate banana bread, choco ice cream and blended drinks.
After the demo we stuck around for lunch. The husband and I have a tradition whenever we go Rosa Mexicano. They have awesome sangria, and one time we ordered a huge pitcher (by mistake...) just for us two. Every time we visit we have to order a pitcher of sangria now. This time we stuck with the smaller sized pitcher.
For lunch we had some ceviche de atรบn (tuna), tacos de cerdo (pork belly) con chocolate, and tacos de carnitas.
So good! Now if I could only find the time to try out that picadillo recipe...
No comments:
Post a Comment