Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Showered

My mommy and little sister threw me a bridal shower this weekend, and it was so much fun! They definitely outdid themselves in party-throwing for this one. They invited many of my close girl friends, family members, and family friends. It was the perfect mix! I feel so very lucky to be surrounded by so many positive, encouraging, and FUN ladies in my life!

Backyard decked out with bridal shower decorations.

We started off the party with some good foods.

Pastas, salads, beans, and pot roast courtesy of Mommy Tortolita's kitchen. Mr. Tortolito's mom provided us with some yummy Mexican rice. We were so busy eating it that we forgot to take pictures of the food setup!

Can't forget the buckets of beer. What, you thought ladies don't do beer at bridal showers?

After filling our bellies, it was time to really get the party started. My mom's friend brought me a veil for the day. She instructed everyone to write well-wishes and advice on dollar bills to be attached to the veil.


When I got home later that night, I had a hell of a laugh reading all of the kind words and advice from the ladies. They ranged from sweet to funny to outrageous. Check out one that had me busting up laughing:

Valid advice, right??!

We played a game where everyone is a assigned a number from 1 to 6, we roll a die on a plate until we roll our number, try to open a large gift box while the person next to us is rolling their die trying to get their number.


The amount of time you have to try to open the gift is limited by how quickly the person next to you can roll their number. Oh, and you have to put on a pair of gloves before attempting to open the gift.

Don't try to get in between a woman and her prize inside a gift box. "Hell hath no wrath..."

The games continued, some of which verged on the rated-R side.

Suck n blow...

A game involving a blindfold, stick, and a target...


...and a game similar to Hot Potato. Except you're passing something more risqué than a potato, and you can only use your knees.

Up next was gift time! I was very humbled by the generosity of my friends and family. I received enough lingerie to practically last me my first month as a newlywed...

...as well as some much-appreciated registry items.

We ended the night with some tres leches pastel. Courtesy of none other than my momma!


For reals, I am so lucky! I couldn't have asked for a more fun shower or better times spent with the ladies in my life.

Heart my girls!!

Much love to sister and Mama Tortolita for this experience!

How did you celebrate the "entrance into married life?" And please tell me I'm not the only one who's been forced to play R-rated games at her bridal shower...in front of her grandma!

No comments: