Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Queremos Pastel, Pastel, Pastel...

That's right, we want us some cake; some wedding cake! As much as I love dessert, I've had the topic of wedding cake low on my priority list. That's because I'm not stressin' over it as I'm handing this job off to somebody I know will deliver a quality cake: my mom!

While Mama Tortolita isn't a professional baker, she been our entire family's go-to woman when the situation calls for some pastel. One of her most recent cake projects includes the one she made for our engagement party:


My cousin also asked my mom to take on the cake for her wedding a few weeks ago:


And now she'll be baking my wedding cake. The tough part was searching through the seemingly endless amount of inspiration on the 'nets to find the perfect cake for us. But I think we're finally onto something!

I'm thinking of something soft, simple, with round layered tiers, and floral embellishments as pictured in my original inspiration:



But of course I kept finding more inspiration and was won over by other lovelies like the one below. It's the same concept as my original inspiration, but what if we replace the fresh flowers with sugar flowers to keep it simple and neater? Plus, I really love the lacey details on this one!


hmm..but I think I prefer a thicker ribbon to wrap around the bottom of each tier. The color and thickness shown in this picture is just what I had in mind!


Now that we're set on the design for our cake, we gotta think about size. With a guest list of about 200 my mom is going to have to add a layer or two to ensure that everyone can get a piece of the goods. I found this picture of a larger cake and was sold! A squared base teir (or two!) looks great with the round tiers on top.


Now all I gotta do is hand over our cake inspiration and ideas to my mom and let her work her magic! Ahh yes, it feels good to delegate and check off yet another task from our enormous to-do list. Mothers: the ultimate friendor!

Are you commissioning any family members to help out with wedding tasks?

No comments: