Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Three months to go!

Haha, actually.... less than three months to go! oh man! Time flies by SOOOOO fast! And you know what the best part has been? That we've enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) every part of it! Heart! It's kinda wack that it'll soon come to an end.... poop!


I am not a doode of many words, especially not one who can speak words that can somehow express deep meaning and evoke emotions. But if words will do me justice, for at least this one time, I would like to sit back, soak in this moment, and share with you how I feel. AMAZED! This experience is very, very, very humbling. What I thought was my personal sense of being doesn't compare to the promise of US...and OUR reason of being. We have slowly become a single working unit, a team, a family, a couple of tortolitos who have promised to always act in the best interest of each other. I thought being responsible for myself was pretty intense, but being responsible for the happiness of another while entrusting in the other your own happiness... oh man! Unfathomable. No way I could have pictured this when I first laid eyes on Ms. Tortolita's big brown eyes. A buddy of mine best described it in a earlier facebook picture of us from back in the day. On the day of our engagement (or when our facebook status changed to engaged) a good buddy of us tagged our picture with the follwoing excerpt: "That's a smile of a guy who did not know what he was getting himself into." LOL. He couldn't have been any more dead on (at the time that picture was taken). Now here I am, here we are, readying ourselves for The Day.

It has seriously been the best of times... shopping for the ring that will wow my fiancee, shopping around for our new casita, looking for ways to spoil our family and friends on the day we both start our very own two-person family.... and it has especially been awesome to play a small part in bringing an incessant smile to Ms. Tortolita's face! Ms. Tortolita is a smiley face all the time, but I think these past few months it has gotten smilier and smilier... (haha I told u I suck with words). It's like the Mona Lisa, 'cept that I know why my mona is smiling. And, since I am not there next to you (and because Damien Rice is on my playlist), I just wanted to say thank you very much for making these times memorable. I hope ur enjoying the good times as much as I am.

Thanks to you I know that white pomanders when frozen in the freezer turn an ugly brown, and that spray on glue is the worst invention ever... Thanks to you I know that six cardstock papers can't be connected with a single eyelet (ugh!) and thanks to you I have a lifetime membership at PaperSource, Michaels, and the L.A Flower District. And, thanks to you i have been given the opportunity to know myself better.. and thanks to you I have found what I'll ever need to keep me smiling in a very smiley way. Sorry for the cheese, kid! :D

No comments: