Monday, February 28, 2011

Spice Station

You know why I love Silver Lake? Because it is populated with so many honest, independent shops, cafes, and specialty stores that deliver quality and hard-to-find items. Take Spice Station, for example. If I had the time, I would spend hours here learning about and sampling their huge spice selection.

They have it all. Every spice you've ever heard of and those that you never knew existed.




Rubs, salts, seasonings, and more. I wish I could take home one of each! And this is just the spice room. There's a separate tea room that is equally as impressive.

Can we get one of these in Downtown? ::sigh::

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks/sounds amazing! In my small neighborhood co-op we've got a great spice section that I totally want to dive right into. It would open up a whole new realm of cooking if I could utilize different spices.

Claudia said...

I agree! Spices really do add a whole new dimension to cooking. It's just that there is such a variety and so many combinations that it is difficult to decide where to start and which to use. That's why I love specialty shops like these. It is a learning experience every time I visit.