Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I-5

Today we drove up to central California for some sad, but necessary family time. This stretch of the I-5 was closed just a couple days ago due to the snow. As you can see the snow is still there but the roads are clear. It was a nice drive on a beautiful winter day.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

The 5 in the Angeles National Forest? always scares me because of the mountains and the twisty windy but I love coming down from that and just driving in a straight line through farm country for a long while. Really makes me appreciate the agriculture and the wide open spaces of California! It is fun when there's a little snow but not enough to be dangerous too :) Hope you had a nice time with family!

Claudia said...

@Kristin: I agree- it can be a scary drive but I do love admiring the scenes once you pass the grapevine! It makes for a nice road trip. Thanks for the well wishes!