
Fun fact: December is the only month where the hubby and I are the same age, so we've dubbed it "equality month."
The month continued with the celebration of my nephew's 1st birthday. This probably sounds a bit morbid, but the kid loves everything about the Nightmare Before Christmas. He even shares names with Jack Skellington. It's no surprise that his first birthday party was themed after his favorite movie.
We are super lucky to be able to spend the holidays with parents and friends. Both our parents traditionally celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, so that evening was spent driving from one household to the other.
We spent Christmas day in the company of good friends and enjoying a massive Filipino/Indian feast. The family ordered a pig - an ENTIRE PIG. They chopped off the head and cut up the rest of the meat. I can't get over this picture (hope PETA doesn't read this blog):
The carnitas were delish! As were the pancit, chicken tika masala, and other dishes that I can't spell or pronounce.


Quality time with family & friends. Homemade meals. Laughs and memorable moments. This is why I heart the holidays.


No comments:
Post a Comment