After Mr Tortolito and I finished getting ready for the wedding festivities, it was time to go. Actually, the guys finished getting ready before the girls so they headed outside of the Bonaventure to take some pictures. It was all part of the master plan to keep us separated before the ceremony.

Not really sure what's going on here, but I think this pic is hilarious. As soon as the dudes finished up their foto sesh, they hopped into the limo to get shuttled over to the church. Once they were gone, it was the girls turn to step outside for the first time that afternoon. The Bonaventure has this cool outdoor patio area that we kinda just took over.


So, I convinced myself that we were going to arrive late to church no matter how early we left the hotel. Things always run late, no? There's always traffic, someone gets lost, limo arrives late, something. In our timeline, I gave us more than enough time to leave to hotel and still expected to get there late. Don't know why; I was a little paranoid. Anywho, after the limo dropped off the boys at the church it turned back around to pick up the girls from the hotel. Instead of my 35 minutes of allotted time that I had estimated, it took the limo drive all of 10 minutes to get us to the church!
We just chilled inside the limo in front of the church for a good 20 minutes. In the meantime, we watched guests arrived, gossiped, and laughed at how early we had arrived. Outside of the church, the guys finished touching up.
Inside the church, Mr Tortolito waited patiently with his parents in front of the altar.
About 10 minutes before the ceremony start time, we finally got the OK to exit the limo. The boys were lined up inside, the mariachi were warming up their instruments, the priest was ready to start the processional.
Note: we did not order a limo with suicide doors. I guess the limo company happened to have this car hanging around and decided to give us a free upgrade. Score!The bridesmaids slowly filtered out of the limo and went to find their place in line. I found myself sitting alone, waiting for my dad to come help me out. I remember that the limo driver poked his head in and doubled checked if I was "ready to go." "You still have time to change your mind!," he joked. HAHA...Riiiiight.

{All fotos by the fabulous Phoebe Joy, unless otherwise indicated}

No comments:
Post a Comment