Sunday, May 10, 2009

Not a Florist

I heart fresh pomanders. I'm not exactly sure why. Perhaps it's my love for fresh flowers or the appeal of a dainty, bouncy ball of pretties. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I heart.



Unfortch, pomanders are in that group of wedding items that don't agree with my budget. I mean, do I really need pomanders? Prolly not. But I still heart. Well, what's a girl to when she likes and wants something that she can't afford: she makes it!

Yessir, I made my own pomander. And let me tell you, it was......a complete fail.

::sigh::

Let's face it, I'm an engineer not a florist (oh, how I wish I were a florist!). I don't have that magic touch and based on my first attempt at creating my own pomander, my touch repels flowers.

I'm not sure if I should be sharing this...I'll probably lose all my do-it-yourself credibility if I do. But what the hell we all enjoy a good chuckle, don't we?


I tried really, really hard to convince myself that it was "okay." It's not that bad, right? How ugly can a pomander be? It's made of fresh, natural, beautiful flowers for goodness sake!

FALSE


Again, I'm an engineer. Not a florist. :(

After the denial stage, I came to terms with my fail. I've accepted it and it's all good. BUT, that doesn't mean that I give up. I'm an engineer dammit! We don't give up. You, um, problem solve...by asking someone else to solve your problem. Ain't no shame in tha game! So, one day I gathered all my courage and posted a question for Nancy from Nancy Liu Chin Designs on WeddingbeePRO. How excited was I when she actually responded to my question!?

And how much confidence did it give me to continue my pomander-making efforts? A Lot! Enough that I'm willing to share my results with you, with a lil mo' pride this time....in my next post - promise.

Alright, I shared one of my first do-it-yourself disasters. Your turn. Spill it.

No comments: